2012-01-31

148. CD Splinters

I have cracked CDs before because I was really curious about how far they could be bent and how they would finally crack. However, when I decided to do that again to an old CD which was to be thrown away I wasn't at all prepared for such an explosion. Apparently, CDs of different brands behave differently when threatened in such a way. They all fight back, but this one delivered a final blow at me much stronger than others. But the splinters it left looked interesting:


And I love how they shimmer! :)

On a side note: Today, 150 years ago, Alvan Graham Clark discovered the second white darf in the history of astronomy: Sirius B (white dot in the lower left quadrant of the picture), the tiny companion of the brightest star in our night sky, Sirius A.

(photo taken by the NASA and ESA's Hubble Space Telescope)

No comments:

Post a Comment